Arthritis is a generalized concept of all inflammatory diseases of the joints. It can be both the main disease and the manifestation of a number of ailments.
Every sixth person becomes disabled. Meanwhile, the disease is easily preventable. Diagnosis in the early stages ensures complete recovery. One has only to reconsider their lifestyle and not to neglect the alarming symptoms.
Types of arthritis
Practicing rheumatologists and orthopedists in their work use several classifications of inflammatory diseases of the joints. However, the most extensive is the classification describing the causes of this disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of the connective tissue that affects the small joints.
- Septic arthritis (infectious) – a fungal or bacterial infection affects large joints, especially knee or hip joints. Then all joints are involved in the inflammatory process.
- Gout is a metabolic disease characterized by the accumulation of uric acid salts. A cone near the thumb is a manifestation of this type of arthritis.
- Still’s disease is a form of rheumatoid arthritis that is very difficult to diagnose. In most cases, it is observed in children under the 16 years.
- Spondylitis is an infection disease of vertebrae, mainly bacterial genesis. There are several forms of the disease – for example, spinal osteomyelitis and tuberculosis spondylitis.
- Other less common forms of arthritis.
Causes of disease
Arthritis is a complex and multifactorial disease. Its development is due to many reasons. In medical classification, it is customary to distinguish several main groups:
- Infectious provocateurs – the presence of viral and bacterial diseases.
- Traumatic causes – the damaged joints were not fully restored, which caused the inflammatory process.
- Immunological factors – unhealthy diet, lack of vitamins, bad habits, including the abuse of caffeinated beverages, increase the risk of disease.
- Genetic predisposition. The disease can be inherited.
Anyone can be at risk, including young children.
Arthritis treatment takes place in several stages. Each of them, before the therapy, has its own goals and objectives, which are implemented using certain methods. If conservative, standard schemes are used at the initial stages, then at subsequent stages can be applied surgical intervention up to the removal of the affected joints.
First of all, medical treatment is aimed at the removal of the pain and the resumption of a normal lifestyle – sleep, work, movement, and the implementation of daily activities. The following drugs are used: