Candidiasis refers to a fungal infection caused by the yeast Candida. They belong to the conditionally pathogenic microflora, so their presence in our body is quite natural. An increase in the number of microorganisms leads to the development of candidiasis.
If you suspect intestinal candidiasis, you must visit a doctor who will prescribe an examination and make the scheme of treatment. Systemic and local antifungal drugs are usually prescribed (such as Canesten or Nizoral). Tonics are also prescribed and a special diet is developed.
Let`s consider the main intestinal candidiasis causes:
- chronic infectious diseases;
- weakened immunity;
- taking antibiotics;
- disrupted hormonal balance;
- improper nutrition;
- diseases of the internal organs.
The main part of the nutrition during treatment should be protein foods and fiber. Products must boil, stewed, baked in the oven or steamed. The following foods are allowed for this disease:
- low-fat varieties of meat and fish;
- raw vegetables, low in starch;
- antifungal spices and seasonings (bay leaf, pepper, cloves, garlic, oregano, cinnamon).They nutritional feature allows you to destroy harmful factors and microbes in the intestines, which contribute to the activation of fungal reproduction;
- berries and fruits, especially grapefruit, viburnum, lingonberry, currant;
- water with lemon juice;
- green tea, freshly squeezed carrot and pomegranate juice;
- fermented milk products: kefir, fermented baked milk, yogurts.
- buckwheat and rice, because they contain an enough amount of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the body;
- ginger has a positive effect on the elimination of inflammation in the intestines;
- water helps to cleanse the intestines and the body as a whole from toxins.
Foods that worsen the course of the disease:
- baking from yeast dough;
- dried fruits, jam, honey;
- cakes, pastries and other sweets;
- potatoes, white rice;
- sweet drinks;
- sweet fruits.
The main principle of nutrition with fungal infection is to limit the consumption of foods containing many carbohydrates. The consumption of carbohydrate food leads to an accelerated reproduction of bacteria and fungi. With a decrease in the ingestion of carbohydrates into the body, the activity of the fungus decreases.
Duration of diet therapy should be at least 3-4 months. During the active phase of treatment, diets are followed in a strictly prescribed manner, and the diet is very limited. A small violation of the diet is possible only after the complete disappearance of the main symptoms of the pathology. It should be noted that in this disease, products that impair intestinal motility and reduce the production of gastric juice are also excluded from the diet.
With the active course of the disease it is necessary to create a diet for a sick person, which will correspond not only to the proper assimilation of food, but also to optimize all body functions for immune suppression of pathogenic microflora.