Herpes can be triggered not only by a decrease in immunity, but also by prolonged exposure to the sun. There is such a thing as “sun” herpes. Under the influence of sunlight, the herpes virus can manifest itself in skin rashes and other typical symptoms. This is due to the fact that as a result of prolonged exposure to the sun, human immunity is “inhibited” and can not fight a viral herpes infection.
It often happens that the herpes virus is activated during a vacation at sea or after returning from vacation. This is due to prolonged exposure to the sun, acclimatization, overheating and drinking cold drinks.
Under the influence of ultraviolet rays, herpes can occur in absolutely anyone, but there are categories of people who are particularly susceptible to it:
- people with light, sensitive skin;
- people with liver or adrenal gland disease;
- people with a large number of moles.
“Sun” herpes is characterized by rashes on the skin and mucous membranes of the lips, redness of the skin and pain in the mouth, deterioration of general health, headache and bone pain. You can significantly reduce the risk of infection by following some preventative measures:
- the greatest solar activity is observed in the period from 11:00 to 16:00. You should not be outside at this time. It is recommended to sunbathe in the morning and after 16:00.
- Sunscreen should be used during sunbathing. When buying such products, you should pay attention to the figures on the package. The higher they are, the stronger the barrier between UV and skin. When swimming in the sea, these products are washed away, so each time after swimming they need to be reused.
- It is not recommended to be in the sun after bathing. Water droplets are lenses that attract sunlight. As a result, ultraviolet light is concentrated and its effect is enhanced.
- for lips you can buy a special lipstick with a high level of protection. You need to apply this balm every 2 hours.
- if you decide to visit the solarium, you must wash all cosmetics from the skin before the procedure.
In tanning beds, as well as on the beach, you need to wear sunglasses and regularly apply sunscreen and lip balm. To strengthen the immune system and prevent the appearance of herpes, carriers of the virus must constantly maintain a healthy lifestyle. You need to check your health and prevent the development of other diseases that can weaken the immune system.
Keep in mind that the shade does not protect against ultraviolet radiation, so from 11 to 16 it is better to be indoors. Also, after the tanning procedure of any duration, you need to lubricate the skin with moisturizers.
A moderate tan is good for your health. With the right dosage of UV rays, complications can be avoided. It is important not to overdo it or sunbathe too much. Everything should be in moderation. But if you have such a problem, use drugs that suppress the herpes virus – Penvir or Acivir.