The eyes of a modern person are regularly subjected to many sorts of colossal loads. Watching a TV, computer, cell phone or just reading a favorite book overload our eyes, which can cause an unpleasant sensation in the form of fatigue.
Causes of eye overstrain
There are a large number of different factors contributing to the occurrence of an unpleasant sensation in the eyes. And here you can find out more about this problem. The main and common causes of discomfort in the eyes:
- Long time at the computer, phone, TV.
- Severe stress.
- Headache and migraine.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Inflammation in the sinuses of the nose or in the eye area.
How to relieve stress easily and quickly?
Today, there is a whole group of various special exercises that are aimed at relieving stress. Consider the most popular tips and tricks:
- For a few seconds, try to stop the movement of the eyes. Your eyes will have a lot of rest for this period of time.
- Try to blink as often as possible.
- Place a small object at arm’s length, gradually mix it in different directions and keep an eye on it.
- Perform exercises with your eyes; “draw” an eight and a circle with your eyes.
- Heat your hands to warmth (by rubbing your palms) and gently massage eyes with a hand touch.
- Massage your nose, forehead, eyebrows, temples and cheekbones under the eyes.
These types of gymnastics for the eyes must be carried out regularly, it is especially important to do this before working at the computer and reading books. Doctors also recommend using some kinds of vitamins to improve and strengthen vision (such as Bilberry with Lutein or C-NAC). Eat plenty of carrots, blueberries and oranges. These products have a positive effect on the health status of the retina.
Home ways to get rid of eye fatigue
Home care methods offer a large number of different recipes that help improve the state of vision. Let`s consider the most effective and simple recipes.
– Ice. Cubes of frozen water have a positive effect on eye fatigue. Ice is best prepared from mineral water, strong tea, as well as from herbal decoction.
– Chamomile tea. This recipe option helps relieve redness and inflammation of eyes. For cooking it you need 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dried flowers are poured with boiling water and left to infuse for about 30 minutes. With this infusion, it is necessary to wipe the eyelids, repeat the procedure for 5 minutes.
– Raw potatoes. This method of home care methods has been used for a long time, even our grandmothers and great-grandfathers used potatoes to relieve eye swelling and get rid of eye fatigue. The potatoes are grinded and the resulting slurry is applied to the eyelids, kept for about 15 minutes, and then wiped the eyelids with chamomile broth or ice water.
In order to make your eyes less tired, you must correctly place all the light sources in the house. Taking care of your eyes is not at all difficult, just giving this a small amount of time your eyes will talk “thank” you.