Around the world, about 500 million people have been diagnosed with obesity. Such a disease occurs due to many reasons, and not only those related to the cravings of unhealthy foods. Next, we will consider 8 habits that can quickly lead to excess weight.
- Regular meals in solitude. Experts have proved that regular meals together with households prevent the appearance of extra pounds. When loved ones get together with their family, a cozy, homely atmosphere promotes healthier eating habits. If children prefer to eat alone, then they eat 25% more junk food than those who regularly eat with their parents at the same table.
- The combination of food intake with watching TV or behind a computer forces a person to consume larger serving of food, as well as large quantities of coffee. A person is distracted by something interesting and simply does not notice how much and what he ate and drank. Therefore, it is better not to combine these two classes, but to find time and the opportunity to enjoy food, slowly and in full awareness of what and how much you eat.
- If a person stays at a computer at night, this mode contributes to a change in metabolism and weight gain. The fact is that our body need for sleeping at night and eating in the daytime. If you lead a nocturnal lifestyle, then the physiological cycle begins to break, and energy decreases during the next day after a sleepless night. However, if you are forced to work at night, then reduce the amount of servings or the daily rate of calories.
- Lack of sleep is another reason for weight gain. The less sleep, the more weight, because sleep has a significant role in energy metabolism. If a person does not get enough sleep, then his body, trying to maintain wakefulness, begins to require more food.
- If you live in an environmentally disadvantaged area, this may be another reason for weight gain. Pollutants may begin to accumulate in adipose tissue, getting into the body with fish, meat and other fatty foods.
- It also matters how you spend your free time. If you watch TV for two to three hours daily, then the risk of obesity increases by about 25%. Watching TV also has a negative effect for general health, as artificial light lowers melatonin levels. Reducing this hormone (the function of which is to protect the body from metabolic disorders) leads not only to gaining extra pounds, but also to a disease such as diabetes.
- When choosing between high and low fat meals, choose the first option, since they provide a long-lasting feeling of saturation, as a result of which the risk of developing problems with weight is reduced. In addition, nutritionists claim that foods that, according to advertisements, have less fat, are actually much more high in calories.
- Carbonated sweet water contains a lot of sugar, preservatives and other harmful substances. The more you drink sweet water, the more your weight increases.