In the modern world, most women and a large number of men use certain cosmetics almost every day. Accordingly, the components of cosmetics have a great contribution to the appearance and health of man. Some will have a positive impact and some will have a negative impact. Let’s find out what are the most dangerous ingredients of cosmetics!
1. Coal tar. It is one of the main ingredients of anti-dandruff shampoos. It may cause asthma attacks and other allergic reactions. Long-term use shampoos with coal tar lead to a decrease in attention and memory, chronic fatigue, headaches, nausea.
2. Carbomer. It is a stabilizer and thickener in mascara, creams, and bath products. It provokes the development of inflammatory processes of the eyes and skin allergic reactions.
3. DEA cocamide (coconut oil amide). It is a popular ingredient in shampoos. DEA cocamide is a complex substance that can decompose with the formation of highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
4. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). It is part of the vast majority of shampoos. As a detergent, it is not very effective, but cheap and foams well, creating the illusion of a high-quality product. SLES is extremely harmful. It dries hair and scalp, inhibits hair growth, and destroys hair follicles. It is poorly excreted from the body, accumulates in the liver, brain, eye tissues, and negatively affects vision. Equally similar substances with similar properties are ammonium laureth sulfate (ALS) and sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), which are also widely used in the manufacture of shampoos and bath foams.
5. Loramide dei (DEA). It is found in the composition of soaps and shampoos. It easily enters into chemical reactions that occur with the release of nitrosamines.
6. Methylchloroisothiazolinone. This preservative has carcinogenic and mutagenic properties.
7. Para-aminobenzoic acid (vitamin B10). It is a frequent component of sunscreens, which has phototoxic properties. It may provoke the appearance of eczema and contact dermatitis.
8. Parabens. It is the name of the group of commonly used preservatives that are strong allergens and can cause breast cancer.
9. Para-phenylenediamines. These are substances that dye hair black or brown. They provoke the appearance of various malignant neoplasms (lymphomas, myeloma, etc.).
10. Polysorbates. These are toxic emulsifiers. Their application is fraught with the occurrence of dermatitis.
11. FDS (FDC-n or FD&C). It is a group of substances used as dyes. Most of them irritate the skin, and some are carcinogens. Small quantities are safe, but the acceptable concentrations for each color group are not clearly defined, and the risk of overdose is very great.
12. Fluorocarbons. They are part of hairsprays. In aerosol form, it is dangerous for respiratory organs.
13. Formaldehyde. It is a preservative, component of soap, shampoo, decorative cosmetics. Formaldehyde can cause skin and mucous membranes irritation.