Sleep is undoubtedly the best cure for all diseases. And its benefits cannot be replaced with drugs. The benefits of sleep have long been noted by doctors and scientists. They proved that those people who constantly get enough sleep get less sick. At the same time, people with insomnia are at higher risk of having diseases such as frequent acute respiratory infections, myocardial infarction, diabetes mellitus, and neurotic conditions.
When a person is sleeping, our brain processes the information received during the day, starts the mechanisms of self-healing. Thanks to sleep, all body systems come into a state of balance. Blood pressure normalizes, blood sugar levels return to normal, wounds and burns heal faster.
Also, scientists have proven that memory improves with sleep. In a dream, mechanisms are launched that allow you to logically build information and better remember. Pupils and students use this useful information and before going to bed, repeat tasks. And in the morning they easily reproduce what they have learned.
It is from lack of sleep that people become more aggressive, more irritable, since during deep sleep there is an active formation of nerve cells-neurons. It is also possible to develop depressive states, even to nervous breakdowns.
It turns out that if your sleep lasts less than 7 hours, you are prone to obesity, as the content of the hormone ghrelin, which stimulates appetite, increases. And a dream lasting less than 5 hours can lead to early death due to depletion of vital resources.
The cause of insomnia, poor falling asleep, and frequent waking up at night are stresses, emotional overstrain.
If you cannot fall asleep for an hour and this repeats daily, then you should consult a doctor. He will prescribe sedatives for you, such as Ramelteon (Ramitax). It is must be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime. But you should not get carried away with taking such drugs, as they can lead to addiction and it will be very difficult to fall asleep in the future.
Sleep is the key to the health and normal growth of children. Therefore, children need a day’s rest.
When does sleep become useful? Not every dream is good. Sleep lasting more than 10 hours is dangerous, as this can lead to deterioration in general condition, depression, headaches. The norm is sleep from 7 to 9 hours a day.
To make your sleep easy and high-quality, follow the basic rules:
- Ventilate the room before going to bed for at least half an hour, and even better, sleep with the window open.
- Your bed, mattress and pillow should be comfortable so that in the morning you do not have pain in the body.
- To improve falling asleep, take a warm shower before going to bed.
- Do not eat hard-to-digest food 1-2 hours before bedtime, it is better not to eat at all or it is maybe a glass of milk or kefir.
- It is better to choose clothes and bed linen from natural fabrics.
- The bedroom should be cool, optimally 18-20 degrees. It will be warm under a warm blanket, and your sleep will be deeper.
- An hour before bedtime, give up any gadgets, it is better to read a book before bedtime or make a plan for the next day.